Monday, October 13, 2008

Today, Now, and a Quasi-Separation

So, here we are today. I have almost completed another round of art therapy. My husband has or is about to complete his first time through.

About a week ago, I decided to talk to my Relief Society president about this. I specifically wanted her opinion on the little voice that I hate.

I've told (for the 1st time in our marriage) several people about him-

my parents (who already had it figured out),
my sister (that didn't bother him),
a church (the distinction is important) friend (this friend was at my house waiting at my door when I'd drove up from her husband's office after he'd given me a blessing. he'd called her and said, "she just left here in tears. you should go talk to her."),
a theatre friend (who is also gay and married to a hetero-when i told him i wanted a divorce and why, he told me i was being selfish),
and one of my best friends (who is also my husband's best friend).

When it was disclosed (months ago), that I'd told these people, he was livid. Especially about the best friend (and I did feel horrible about that one).


So after I told my RS pres., I felt intensely guilty (childhood issues are a part of that, too). I told him about it out of the guilt. He sat on it for a few days, then late one night told me how angry he was about it. That initial topic led to others which led to others and I was ready to blow. I told him I needed to be done with the discussion and left the room before I exploded. I went downstairs, used the bathroom, came out, and he was on the couch. He wanted to finish the conversation.

I asked him to go upstairs before I blew up. He didn't. And I exploded.

The next morning, I was horrible to the kids. We argued back and forth through texts about the night before and it's repercussions on that morning. He ultimately told me he was moving his bedroom into our home office. Everything in that office, he moved elsewhere. His clothes are now in the office closet. He procured a full size bed. He has a chair and two dressers in there, AND pictures up on the wall.

So for a week now, we've been in this mini-separation. And I'm about to finish the art therapy and am supposed to be thinking about working on the marriage...

What a joke.

No comments: